Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chopped Locks

The journey of my hair has been quite a long one - from blonde to brunette and back to blonde, all at a terrifying pace. Consequently, I have paid the price. After a trip to my hairdresser (a man resembling Borat with quite a talent for hairdressing), the man cast one eye over my tousled, straw mess and shook his head. 


"We must cut it off"


For those of you with long lavish locks, these words can be like a bullet to your head. Days before my appointment I had read an article in Vogue validating the reasons behind marriage affairs - one man casually stated that he wanted a woman with longer hair. I was terrified. 


Despite the facts, I knew what I had to do. My hair was snapping off like dry spaghetti and it wasn't getting any longer. 


Two hours later and I felt like a new person - groomed, and more modish. I'd recommend the do to anyone who is tired of dry ends and wants a style that is more manageable. Abbey Lee has embraced the short trend, however, after stumbling across a shoot of Valerie Van Der Graaf by Andoni & Avantxa..... 


I'm a tad jealous. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment